Friday, October 30, 2009

Have You Heard The One About The Angry Panda????

There is no real punchline to follow up the title of this post, but it just seemed to fit this picture! I thought I was going to be the smart mommy this year and do a dry run with the costume the day before Halloween so I would have plenty of time to photograph my precious panda before the big night. She was SOOOO NOT HAVING IT!!
I'm kicking myself for spending $50 on a costume from Pottery Barn Kids right now!

I guess I really can't blame her for being scared of the panda head after being exposed to this! I was trying to show her how cute and funny it could be, but somehow I think I just made things worse!

The only time she was reasonably happy was while she was running away from me and the panda head!


She finally gave up on running and decided to protest like this!
Even though it is supposed to be 80 degrees tomorrow in Norfolk, I think we'll attempt to wear the whole get up (minus the panda head of course) and just pin a sticky note to her that says "stubborn panda" so everyone will know what she is supposed to be!
The moral of this story is.... don't waste your money on expensive costumes with head pieces until your child is old enough to be reasoned with (or bribed!)
Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

Me said...

Ha-larious! Sorry it didn't work out for you... I
ll share some G pics of him in his costume...

b said...

i hope you just wore the panda head and walked everywhere with Ally on Halloween ;) Miss you

Shannon Johnston said...

Hysterical! These are the memories you'll cherish as they get older...