Monday, July 28, 2008

Welcome & Weekend Recap

Welcome to my new blog! I've decided that it's time to leave the babysites blog and move on to a simpler, more user friendly forum where it's a lot easier to post pictures and videos. My friend Christine is a champion blogger and she's going to help me pimp my blog. It will still be primarily about Ally, but it's going to include lots of stuff about the rest of our family too. I've thought long and hard about a creative title and haven't been able to come up with much so I decided to pilfer one from my favorite Doctor, Dr. Seuss that is. Oh, Baby, The Places You'll Go is a book I read to Ally nearly every day when I was pregnant. The first line of the book is "Baby, oh, baby, the places you'll go! The worlds you will visit! The friends you will know!" I think it's sort of an appropriate beginning for a blog that will be chronicling Ally's life. I hope you'll enjoy reading it as much as I'll enjoy writing it!

Now for the weekend recap: We had a nice relaxing Friday night- I cooked a nice dinner, Ally sat at the table with us to eat- she's really starting to show more interest in what we're doing so I think we'll be attempting solid foods with her soon. After her bed time Matthew and I vegged out and watched some Family Guy episodes. We took the dogs to the beach on Saturday morning and let them frolic around in the water for a while. As usual, Morrison was obsessed with his tennis ball and Angus spent the whole time trying to bite the waves. Once we got the boys bathed we headed out for an exciting afternoon at Home Depot and Costco!

Matthew got to spend some quality Ally time on Saturday night because I had a bachelorette party to attend! My friend Marissa is getting married in October- she and a about 15 girl friends came to Virginia Beach to celebrate her last big night out before she ties the knot. I met them out for dinner at a Mexican restaurant, then went back to the beach house they were staying at for a lingerie shower. All I have to say is Brock (Marissa's future husband) is going to be a very happy guy! The entire entourage then piled into a 15 person stretch Hummer limo for a night out on the town- I followed in my car since I needed to go home early in order to get up with Ally in the middle of the night and be ready for church bright and early in the morning. I had a fun time but am ticked that I forgot to bring my camera. Marissa is supposed to share some pics soon so I'll be sure to post a few when I get them.




Here are some fun Ally pictures from this weekend:




Smiley girl



Mommy & Ally


Happy girl sitting in the Mommy recliner
Ally had fallen asleep reading her book and was just waking up when this was taken
Ally's first shoulder ride! She loved it!

2 comments:

Me said...

Great start!!! I love it! Welcome to blogland!

Anonymous said...

Where's the good looking father?