Monday, August 11, 2008

Razzberries and Cereal

No, I didn't misspell razzberries. Ally has learned to razz or 'blow razzberries' with her little mouth and she did it a lot this weekend- it was hysterical! I haven't managed to catch it on video yet, but I'll try again this week.

I did however capture her first experience with cereal on video- the sound is sort of messed up so I'm not sure if you'll be able to hear my commentary but hopefully the action doesn't need much narration and you'll be able to keep up without it.

Here is the latest round of pictures from the weekend. Ally had some good quality couch time with her furry brothers.





We attempted to make a family trip to the beach this weekend but were thwarted by two police officers on 4 wheelers- we had no sooner arrived than they told us we were not allowed to have dogs on the beach between the hours of 9am and 7pm because there are too many tourists... This was the first time we had ever heard this rule or encountered any officers enforcing it. The tourist excuse is complete BS too- tourists don't come to our part of the beach- in fact, the few blocks of beach in front of our home are virtually deserted- even in the middle of the summer time! We were issued a warning by the officers which I suppose is better than a ticket, but it was still disappointing- especially for the dogs- they didn't understand why we had to turn around and go home right away. To add insult to injury- we tortured them with baths since they had just enough time at the beach to get wet and sandy.

The rest of the weekend passed without much excitement and was fairly relaxing. We enjoyed some much cooler temperatures and a little rain yesterday which made me start to anticipate the fall. We still have some end of summer fun to look forward to first!

  • 8/12 Wendy's friend Nicki and her two daughters Katelynn and Hannah come for a visit
  • 8/16 Matthew's aunt, uncle and cousin will be passing through town for a quick visit on their way to the lake from Delaware.
  • 8/24 Grandpa Nick and Grandma Ann arrive for a visit
  • 8/29 We leave for the lake for the Labor Day festivities
  • 9/2 We depart the lake and head down to Myrtle Beach, SC for some fun in the sun with our friends the Kennedys.

Ally continues to be a difficult eater with her bottles. So much so that I've made an appointment with the Doctor on Wednesday to discuss it. I know she's my first child and I have a tendency to be paranoid and over cautious, but I just can't believe it's normal behavior for her to scream, cry, arch her back, push away bottles, hit me in the face and pull my hair all while I'm trying to feed her. It's not just me either, she does it to Matthew (not the hair pulling part) and the ladies at her daycare. Every feeding is a battle and we fight to get her to take a few ounces at a time before she starts in on her antics. It's gotten a lot worse over the past few weeks so I thought it was time to seek some professional help and to get a weight check on her to make sure she's not loosing weight. Wish us luck!

No comments: