Thursday, December 11, 2008

Goodbye workplace lactation!

I'm sitting here in my office blogging one handed as I pump at work for the last time. Beginning next week I will cut down to pumping only twice a day and will finally be free from lugging around the surprisingly heavy and cumbersome breast pump. I can't tell you how excited I am to be free of it! I've slowly begun the weaning process and plan to stop completely by the New Year.

If Allison would still nurse I'd be more than happy to continue, but since she quit that at two and a half months I've been exclusively pumping now for nearly seven months! I never thought I'd make it this long so I'm proud of myself, but I'm also really ready to be done with the whole mess. I hope I'll get the chance to successfully nurse another child sometime in the future so I can really get the full experience, but for now..... Adios awkward moments when someone ignores the sign on my door barges into my office while I'm pumping! See ya later sexy pink nursing cover! Goodbye workplace lactation!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so proud of you for hanging in there this long! Way to go Wendy!

Me said...

Good Job Wendy... you'll get another chance... so don't stress over it.