Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!

December 24th- Christmas Eve. How the heck did that happen? I don't know if it's becuase I'm perpetually sleep deprived or because the days are just so busy and full with Ally, but it seems like time is just flying by these days!

Ally is still sick with a terrible runny nose and like most babies- she hates to have her nose wiped so we play some crazy cat & mouse games trying to clear away the buggies. She had such an awesome week last week- she consistently took over 30 oz. of milk each day and was eating one or two servings of purees. Due to the congestion and runny nose this week she's back to her normal crummy days- only taking approx. 24 oz of milk and no purees. It feels like a setback to me and I'm so discouraged even though I know the reason she's not eating is because she can't breathe. At feeding therapy yesterday her therapist commented that Ally has made a lot of progress since she first saw us and she is confident that once she gets over this cold it's all going to start coming together again. I sure hope she's right. It was amazing how good and happy I felt last week when she was doing so well. I realized what a heavy load all of my stress and worry is to carry around all the time. I hope to be rid of it for good very soon as she continues to improve!

Today is a short day at work thankfully so I'll have time to get Ally home and down for a nap so I can finish wrapping presents. We're planning to attend a children's service at church this afternoon then go over to the Martin house for Christmas Eve dinner. Hopefully our little grump-muffin will cooperate and enjoy the festivities.

Last night Matthew's brother Brian came over to hang out with us and have dinner. While we were playing with Ally we somehow got on the subject of leaving sweets out for Santa. I mentioned that we'd have to leave carrots out for the reindeer as well once Ally was old enough to appreciate it and they both laughed at me. Apparently the Martins never left any food for the poor old reindeer since they never came into the house! What kind of family did I marry into? No carrots for the reindeer and they wait until Christmas morning to open all of their presents!!! Horrors!!! I've forced them to adopt a new tradition and open at least one gift on Christmas Eve and I guess I'll have to force them to be a little more considerate of Santa's furry friends too. Our Ally is going to be an animal lover so she'll want to make sure Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Donner, Comet, Cupid, and Blitzen are well cared for!

We're planning to exchange gifts on Christmas morning, stuff our faces with Ray's famous egg casserol and monkey bread, take the dogs to the beach since it's supposed to be fairly mild outside, and enjoy a nice long nap! Sounds like the perfect day to me.

Merry Christmas to all- enjoy the long weekend and lots of fun with your families!

2 comments:

Jana Rossetto-Kennedy said...

Of course the reindeer get food! At the Rossetto House, we put the food on the front porch. The food consisted of oat bran cereal and glitter so they ciuld see it:) To this day I find somekind of cereal to set out for the fab 8 tiny. What was Dee thinking the big guy really does very little compared to the 8 tiny hauling him around the country! Love that my family was joined in caring for the 8 tiny! Love you guys! jana

Me said...

Merry Christmas!