Friday, November 28, 2008

3 Day & San Diego Recap

Ally napping in her stroller after a morning walk
Happy girl in the car seat

Ally & Wendy with Bob-bob
Ally stood up on a chair all by herself as Bob & Christa looked on

Happy great grandparents


Ally and I had a great time in San Diego! She was a fairly good traveler on the way out there but it was a long trip and I was ready to cry tears of relief by the time we arrived and were met by my parents at the airport. She adjusted to the time difference much better this time around- generally going to bed around 7pm and waking around 4:30am- which was really early, but we had to get going for the 3 day anyway so it wasn't that bad. My dad and Ann did a phenomenal job caring for her while Shannon and I walked each day- not that I had any doubts about their abilities! We left the house by 6am and didn't return until after 4pm each day. Ally seemed happy to see me when we returned, and a little upset when we left each morning, but she survived just fine.

The 3 Day was just as awesome of an experience as I remembered from last year. Shannon and I walked all 60 miles together and had ample time to get all caught up since it had been a year since we'd last seen one another. The supporters, volunteers, and crew in San Diego were awesome and we were both inspired and moved to tears on occasion by the awesome show of support for such a worthy cause. The 3 Day is the only place in the country where it is appropriate to use terms like "titties", "boobies", "ta-tas", "knockers", etc. We were quite amused by many of the signs and slogans we ran across- several are pictured in my previous picture post. I definitely want to participate in the 3 Day again, but I think I'm going to take a year or two off first- I need a break! Shannon escaped with only minimal blisters and sore feet and legs but I'm still having lots of pain in my right foot. I talked to a doctor friend yesterday and she said I probably have a stress fracture. I'm hoping it will heal up on it's own so I'm going to wait for a week or so before scheduling a visit to the doctor. All in all, the 3 day was a great experience for both Shannon and I. I want to thank all of my supporters out there in blog land- I appreciate all of your donations, thoughts and prayers. Now, go examine your boobs!

The rest of the trip was filled with visits to family & friends, a much needed pedicure for me, and as little walking as possible! There are some family pictures at the top of this post that we took during the trip.
Thanks for checking in!











No comments: