Monday, November 10, 2008

Asleep at the wheel....

There is one word to describe how I've been feeling for the past week or so and that word is EXHAUSTED! Ally has decided that her new wake time is 4:05am. I think that it's somehow related to the time change. Even though we've reset her bed time she gets up over an hour earlier for some reason. It's made for a rough week for me. For the past few nights, we've let her stay in her crib for an hour- she doesn't really cry, she's just up there babbling and making noise. I go get her at 5am since that's close to our normal wake time anyway. I've heard that wake time is driven by metabolism so I'm hoping if I don't rush up there and feed her right away that she'll get the hint and start sleeping in a little later.
Ally and I leave for San Diego next week and I'm dreading that time change. I'm afraid she's going to be waking up at 2am every day! I'll be out there doing my 3Day walk so I'm going to have to be up early every day, but not that early! My parents will be taking care of her during the day while we walk so hopefully she won't be a complete crabby nightmare or they may never offer to babysit again!
We had a fun, lazy weekend (with the exception of our ridiculously early alarm clock!) We had dinner with the Martins and Matthew's grandmother Jody who is moving to Phoenix this week so it was our last chance to see her for a while. We went to a very nice restaurant that wasn't particularly kid friendly- no highchairs- but we had a nice time anyway. We went to church and brunch on Sunday with Bonnie, then took the dogs to the beach yesterday afternoon after Ally's nap since the weather was so nice. I even managed to sneak in a nap or two during Ally's nap time! They were heavenly.
It's back to work this morning though. I hate holidays that fall in the middle of the week. It's nice to have Veteran's Day off, but I wish it would have fallen on a Monday so I could have had a 3 day weekend. It seems silly to come to work for a day then have a day off. Oh well, guess I shouldn't be complaining too much- it's still a day off!
Here are some pictures from our weekend- Enjoy!



























We received this activity table as a baby shower gift and tucked it away in the attic for 9 months. I just found it the other day and discovered that she loves it! Great practice standing up too!















Mommy and Ally out to dinner at a nice restaurant

















Mommy has gotten really good at eating left handed while feeding Ally.















When she's hungry, SHE'S HUNGRY!















Ally with her great grandmother, Jody.















Sporting some sweet purple overalls- a gift from Grandma Dee & Granddad Ray.















Ally turned 8 months old on Saturday- the day these pictures were taken.















Ally doing the sprinkler. Go Ally, Go Ally....

2 comments:

Jana Rossetto-Kennedy said...

Bella received an activity table for her Birthday. She loves it! At one point she was climbing on it; we think it is because she felt she did not have enough hands to touch all the cool things at once:) Hugs to you all!

Me said...

Wow.... it looks like your little monkey may start walking soon???
And... it looks like she WAS hungry... maybe that's a good sign too?
Oh wait... I shouldn't call her a monkey, b/c that would make you "hey you, monkey's mom." I'll never learn.

Love, dude's mom.

p.s. SEE YOU SOON!!!!