Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Bye Bye Baton

Matthew deployed yesterday for a 3.5 week work up tour on the USS Baton. http://www.bataan.navy.mil/default.aspx It was hard to see him go and I had that familiar tightness in my chest all day and all night yesterday. Thankfully the first day is behind us now and it gets progressively easier as we all get used to our altered routines. Ally was a bit of a terror yesterday and refused to nap all day long but thankfully she slept well last night and seems to be back on track this morning. I have some fun stuff planned for us over the next few weeks- a few visits with friends and some play dates so hopefully we'll be able to make the time pass quickly.
I just wish Matthew were as lucky. His new job on the Baton is going to keep him very busy and pretty sleep deprived. In addition to his regular duties he's on a watch rotation for the entire 3.5 week work up where he is on for 5 hours then off for 10, on for 5, off for 10. In those 10 hours off he's got to get his regular job done, eat, sleep, work out, etc. He's learning first hand that the life of an aviator is quite different than that of a SWO.
That's really about all the news I have this morning. I finally got over that bug on Monday night and have been feeling fine since so the worst seems to have past- thankfully!
In other random news, my friend Christine- whose hilarious blog I follow daily- and her husband Tony just had their baby this morning! Welcome to the world little Greyson- can't wait to see your first photos posted on blogger for all to 'awwwww' over! Congratulations guys- I'm so happy for you!

2 comments:

b said...

Hopefully the time will go by quickly for the whole Martin family...cute ticker btw!! ;)

Rachel said...

Good luck, Wendy! Thank you VERY much for letting me know that Greyson is here...what happened to the 'blast email'??? :) I feel like I know you through Christine's blog. Your little one is adorable!
Thanks again and best of luck to you and your family!
Rachel