Saturday, February 7, 2009

Nice Weekend

Ally and I have had a surprisingly nice weekend thanks to some good friends- old and new. We had a play date on Friday afternoon with a few new friends that I met through the squadron. Ally was the oldest child and the only girl. She had a great time playing with toys that weren't hers (always more exciting that the same old ones at the house) and I had a nice lunch and some adult conversation. It was a win-win situation!

On Friday night our friends Bonnie and Dean came over for dinner. I'm sure they probably had something more exciting that they could have been doing on a Friday night, but they were kind enough to hang out with me instead. It was great to have some company and and to spend an evening at the table instead of parked in front of the television.

Saturday was a beautiful day and I was fortunate enough to have made plans to meet my friend Marissa in Williamsburg for lunch. She lives in Richmond and Williamsburg is a great meeting point for us since it's about the same distance for both of us. We had lunch at one of my favorite places- The Cheese Shop (yummy sandwiches!) and then we walked around and did some window shopping. We found a nice grassy spot in the Colonial part of Williamsburg to soak up some of the sunshine. Ally thought it was pretty great to crawl around and eat a bunch of sticks & leaves!

Me and Ally enjoying the sunshine in Williamsburg
Ally & Marissa
Ally with one of the many leaves she tried to jam into her mouth.

On Sunday we went to church and had lunch afterwards with Bonnie & Dean at Panera- yummy! The weather was amazing- it reached 73 degrees yesterday and I had a major case of spring fever so we called up my friend Sarah and agreed to meet up with her for a walk outside. Her son Hal and Ally are only three weeks apart so it's really fun to see them together. We even stopped at the beach at the end of our walk but it started to get cool as the sun was going down so we didn't stay long. Ally hasn't been in the sand since September and she was much more interested in it this time around. She kept grabbing handfuls of it and trying to figure out what it was. I didn't have my camera- shocker!- but Sarah had hers and she took some really cute pictures of the kids. She's supposed to send me some tonight so I'll post them tomorrow.

That pretty much sums up the weekend. Only 8 more days until Ray & Dee come back in town, only 14 more days until my parents arrive for a visit, and only 18 more days until Matthew comes home! So much to look forward to....

P.S. For anyone that read my blog post about my icky sicky day- I'm am officially not pregnant. Yet.







2 comments:

Jana Rossetto-Kennedy said...

If I find out you are pregnant on your blogg and not by your mouth I will not be happy....just an FYI:)
Looks like the weekend was fun!
Jana

b said...

We love hanging out with you on Friday nights!!! ;)