Thursday, February 12, 2009

Over the Hump

I made it through hump day yesterday, but just barely. It was a pretty rough afternoon. I left work feeling pretty decent only to discover that Ally refused to eat all day at daycare. I tried feeding her before I left for home and she just kept pushing the bottle away. One of her caregivers had the misfortune of asking me how she was eating at home and I just lost it! Talk about an emotional wreck- I was sobbing away right there in front of all the babies. Every once in a while all the pent up stress just has to come out and sometimes it doesn't always pick the most opportune moment!

I manged to pull it together for the drive home. I prayed to God for strength and patience and arrived home with a renewed determination. I managed to get a full bottle and some oatmeal into Ally then I decided it would do us good to get some fresh air since it was another 70 degree day. I plunked her into the BOB and we were off for a 45 minute power walk. I was feeling much better by the time we finished up- must have been all those long dormant endorphins!

While Ally was napping, her GI doctor finally called me back! He agreed with me that her medication dosage needs to be adjusted so we doubled it! WOW- wasn't expecting it to go up that much! I give her one dose in the morning in her first bottle and one dose with her 5:30pm feeding that I'll mix in with some pureed fruit. It didn't appear to have had much effect last night as she still fought through her last bottle and this morning wasn't much better but we're going to give it a few days to see how it works. I agreed to give up my planned appointment on Friday and rescheduled for a week and a half later so we'll have time to see if the increased dosage is making any difference.

There were a few fun things that happened yesterday- it seems every day Ally discovers something new. On Wednesday- it was the stairs! As you can see in this picture- she made it up one stair. Guess it's time for us to finally start using that annoying gate that has been in the way for the past 11 months! ;-)


Ally also discovered the toilet paper yesterday! She was playing in our bathroom while I was putting some clothes away and I heard her laughing. I went to investigate and found her standing up in front of the toilet and unrolling the toilet paper roll! I got some of it on video but it's too long to post on blogger. Suffice it to say that it was very cute!


This last picture is just to prove that there were no hard feelings after my emotional outburst. Ally is still my #1 kiddo and I love her more than anything- even if she does act like a little monkey butt sometimes!

Hope you all have a nice long weekend and enjoy Valentine's Day with the ones that you love. Only 15 more days until my honey comes home- we'll have a belated celebration then.

Until next time....

No comments: